March is National Nutrition Month!
Below are some tips toward healthy eating: Adapted from Gifted, Purposed and Created for Success.
- Pay attention to what you eat.
- Eat five fruits and vegetables per day.
- Choose various mobile apps to help plan your menu, such as www.choosemyplate.gov.
- Eat a good breakfast every day and include some fruit.
- Balance your meals.
- Understand and read food labels.
- Eat a variety of colors, including vegetable and fruit. There are hundreds of fruits and vegetables. Research the variety and number of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat whole fruit for snacks and add to cereal.
- Avoid taking vitamins or minerals in high doses-a healthy diet will provide enough of each.
- Know your body numbers, including temperature, pulse, respiration, heart rate, blood pressure etc., so you can know how food affects you, especially if you have allergies to food.